Have you been harassed for nursing in public? It is embarrassing and upsetting, whether it is a glare, someone’s words, or being asked to cover up or go to the restroom.
What can you do about it?
- Write up the incidence on your Facebook page. You will receive a lot of support from other moms.
- Organize an event to educate business owners, staff, and the public about the importance of breastfeeding.
- Report the incident to Best for Babes Nursing in Public Hotline – 855-NIP-FREE
- Send a letter to the business owner about the incident, educating the business on how to support breastfeeding mothers and asking them to develop a policy for staff on supporting breastfeeding mothers.
- Send a request to the Texas Breastfeeding Coalition describing the incident and requesting that a letter be sent to the business – email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Join the Texas Breastfeeding Coalition.
- Become an advocate for local, state, and national laws to protect breastfeeding mothers and babies.